Carpet flooring is a great addition to your Orlando home because it is soft and adds a cozy feel to any room of the house. With so many different carpet materials out there, it can be hard to decide on the best option. Wool is a popular choice because it is durable, sustainable, and has insulating qualities. Learn more about wool carpeting from the experts at Floor Coverings International Winter Garden below!
Benefits of Wool Carpet
- Wool is a sustainable carpet option because it is made from natural fibers and is biodegradable. It is less damaging to the environment than other synthetic carpet options.
- Wool fibers are strong and durable, making them suitable for high traffic areas in the home.
- Sheep hair grows in a crimped and elastic fashion, which makes it perfect for trapping and holding in heat. This makes wool one of the best carpet options for keeping your house warm.
- Due to wool’s opaque fibers, it is better at hiding dirt than other options.
- Wool is naturally fire retardant.
- It has moisture wicking qualities, meaning you won’t have to worry about mold or mildew growing in your carpet.
Drawbacks of Wool Carpet
- The absorbency of wool fibers that helps it hold dyes well also can be a downfall, as it means wool carpet can stain easily.
- Wool tends to be a more expensive carpet option due to its high quality.
Wool Carpet in Orlando
Whether you’re looking to install wool carpet in one room of your house or the entire thing, give us a call! Schedule a free in-home design consultation with Floor Coverings International Winter Garden and we’ll bring our samples right to your door. We proudly serve the greater Orlando, Winter Garden, Windermere FL areas.
Photo Credit: Olga Popova